Wednesday, April 25, 2007

the simple things in life

you know what i really really miss about being back at home? of course i miss my family and my frends and the food and my life there, that goes without saying... but what i really really miss is the luxury of going to the salon, whenever i want..sigh..

my usual saturday morning activity back at home is to grab the latest Glamour magazine of the month and head out to my favourite salon a mere 10 minutes drive away, send my car to the car wash and wax which is conveniently located next door to the salon, and treat myself to some TLC of manicure and pedicure and a thorough hair wash and treatment etc etc, while i indulge myself in the latest hot gossip or fashion of the month of my beloved Glamour (fyi, Glamour US version is waaaayyyy better than the UK version, here i only get the UK version sigh).. two or three hours later, i will emerge, hair all nice and shiny, nails all pretty and my car in tip top condition, a perfect wonderful saturday morning well spent :) and the best part is that this usually doesnt cost much at all (or was it because i was working and earning enough money hehe)

here in the uk, what with the modest amount of stipend we are receiving, and the mind blogging cost of the salons here, im acutely deprived of my much needed TLC therapy..

but there is one good thing about living here tho, the fact that all branded hair products like John Frieda and Tress'essme and those high ends Loreals and gazillions other expensive and unobtainable products in Malaysia; is quite affordable here in the UK! so at least i can indulge myself in DIY hair therapy at home, the masques and the hot oil treatment and vitamin E and D and C, all at below £15 only (^_^)

but still, i miss going to the salon with the girls, and have a girls only pampering session... or is it that i actually miss my friends and not the act as o much? :p

No comments: