Sunday, July 13, 2008

didnt we almost had it all...

yesterday was spring cleaning day for me..finally unpacked my suitcases, yes, i have been home for weeks now and i can only unpacked it properly yesterday without shedding a single tear.. okay maybe i cried a little, but its a far cry (pun intended) from the sobbing fest two weeks ago..i was still in denial i suppose, unpacking the suitcase means that im really really back and with no clear future of returning ..sigh..

but..

i have just finished reading the book, The Secret, i know i know im a bit lagging, when you guys are talking and raving and reading about it last year, i was busy reading pages and pages of 'Ports of the 21st Century' and Biofuels Revolution" and "Integrated Supply Chain Management"..mind bogglingly boring i tell you..

anyhoo,

i decided to follow the advice of the book, and like my bff olyn mentioned, she did it too when she wanted to leave her job and it worked! so im gonna do it too! am not gonna tell ya what i did..lest i jinx it or something but, we'll see..

and thennn,

after ive cleaned and put away everything to my mother's satisfaction (she wasnt around, but i hear her voice in my head telling me that i should iron my work shirts before hanging them up, arghh malas nyeee) i decided to have pasta for dinner..not just ordinary pasta, but meatball pasta (this is all due watching hancock the night before, the meatballs looks sooo yummy!) but as usual im lazy to cook as im home alone anyhow and it'll will be a waste of me slaving over the hot stove when there's no one to appreciate it (i miss mr sun..sighhh) so where can i get the best meatballs pasta in my area?

Williams of course!

it has just stopped raining when i stepped out of house, the night air felt so good and since Williams is figuratively walking distance from my house, i thought, why not? its night and the weather is cooling and it'll be good for ya! i was of course, trying to relive all those nights in plymouth where we walked everywhere..

of course i forgot i was in malaysia..

so okay, technically, nothing happened, luckily the mat rempits on their bikes only asked for my number and offering me a ride halfway during my walk but all those stories of rape, and snatch and theft and god knows what else was flashing through my head and i practically ran all the way and changed my destination to Giant instead..

of course it was a stupid decision to walk, at night, here...and i hated it, i hate the fact that i couldn't feel safe in my own country, in my city, in my own neighbourhood...streets that i grew up in, streets and back alleys i know from the back of my hand that we had no qualms exploring each and every nook and cranny when we were kids coming home from kelas mengaji or tuition..the same streets that im even scared of driving alone at night now..

my story has jumped from one point to another..hmm..

anyway, moral of this entry are, dont go walking out alone at night and,

unpack your suitcases the minute you return else you would never distribute those souvenirs you bought for people and now it has been months since you return and it would be too embarrassing to give out souvenirs now, wouldnt it, and you're stuck with it. forever.

not really relevant eh..

have a good monday folks!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

where is this Williams place? sounds very UK-ish..

-rizal-

niQue_naQ said...

its at taman megah, erm, the old lim kok wing..

it may sound very UK-ish but its more like mamak tepi jalan gerai leddet :p

but the food is goooooood!

Anonymous said...

mari kitaa...mari kitaaaa... pegi UK ramai2... (lagu jimy Asrama)

nie..budak2 dua org tu delay satu malam..anywayyyyyyy...panjang ceriternyerrrr....

nanti try lah email afiq n anas tanya what goin on... best ceriter nyerrrr...