Thursday, February 22, 2007

why does it always rain on me?

okay so technically not raining just ON me, only that its been raining and raining everyday for the past few weeks here in plymouth! according to the locals, a sure sign of spring.... like really? it seems to me like its been raining here regardless of whether its autumn, winter or spring! bitter i am not, just tired of being wet, and im getting nausea of the smell of wet leather from my school bag, sian my bag, tiap2 hari kena hujan huhu dont get me wrong, i love the rain as much as the next person, but come on, enough with the rain already!

the wind here is crazily strong, yesterday i found myself struggling to walk up the cliff to my uni, i was trying to put one foot forward and i couldnt do it! so i had to stand there (imagine a statue) like for an entire minute for the wind to stop so that i can run up the hill until the next wind attack which then i had to stop again, but of course, maybe the fact that i was laughing so hard during the entire process could be another reason why i couldnt even lift my foot :p sure the british people were just laughing at me too, these crazy foreigners hehehe, and strolled merrily up the hill despite the 50knots per hour wind (okay so i exxagerate :p) how in the world did they do it??

i am glad its coming to spring, no more heavy bulky winter coats, yay! back to my stylish suede and vintage leather jackets! hehe winter was a dissapointment here in plymouth, no snow! not a single drop! plenty of hailstones tho, marble sizes but not quite the same effect as snow.. nevermind, hopefully next winter will be much better and if not, id just take a trip to germany or scotland where there is actually snow!

today was a good day tho, twas raining in the morning, and now the sun is shining! no wonder the brits rushed out and sprawled themselves all over the uni parks whenever there's a tiny ray of sun! at the danger of being snobbishly british, im logging off now, gotta catch the sun while its still there :p and to another endless group meeting.. hmm perhaps i can persuade my groupmates to have a lunch meeting in the park instead (^_^)

laterss peeps!

1 comment:

Wadi: said...

Hey, you have been tagged! :)