Thursday, May 28, 2009

#%$#$#%!!!

This is an extremely LONG “ranting” post..so u know, just fyi..

(oh side story, there’s this one person in office who once indignantly and condescendingly pointed out to me, loud enough for the entire office to hear, that I made a mistake in my email to her, cos I wrote FYA, instead of FYI, like duhhh-nique-everyone-knows-its-suppose-to-be an “I” for “for your info”, "konon belajar kat overseas and all but itu pun tak tau"etc etc..i looked at her incredulously while my officemates already snickering behind her back, and explained that I wrote there ‘fya’ which means its ‘for your action’, and that if what I give is for her info, then I would have written ‘fyi’… she looked at me all pale faced and left my cubicle without a single word...geeeshhh some people, benda simple pun nak kecohh!…)

okey, back to my rants..

i hate hate hate my office!!
Like seriously hating it..no,no not the job or the people, it’s the parking, the walkway to the building, the entire building for that matter, in fact, the whole building area!!

Ok, let’s start with the parking, the company are not able to accommodate parking for all its staff so for new people like myself have to find our own parking space elsewhere. There are two options for the nearest parking to the building; one costs RM7 but u have park your car latest (latest!) at 6.30am!! I’ve had a colleague whom comes into to the office at 6am, and sleep at the surau till 8.30am!! so NOT an option right? the next parking is in the building adjacent to ours, ok, I need to pay RM700 for deposit, RM80 for the card and RM270 for the first month parking and, so forking out a RM1k AND, get this, where u park, your car will be blocked as other cars will double park and u cannot come and go as u please, OR if you’re late u have to double park, and u have to leave yr keys with the dodgy looking parking attendants and they will move yr car for u if the car u block wants to get out, and horror stories of scratches and dents is common!

My other options include parking 15 minutes walking distance away from the office, near main roads or in between people’s houses or in other buildings far far away, I don’t mind the walk but we get robbery reports everyday, every-single-bloody-day and especially for someone like me who always work till late at night, parking at these places is simply not an option! AND don’t even get me started on the public transport here!!

So my only option is, I park in the next building to ours. Its only about 10 minutes walk BUT, the bloody building and parking area is under construction. You would think they give us a discount during this time right? But nope, I pay the full price of RM253 every month to get the following;
1. monthly asthmatic attacks due to the dust and dirt of the enclosed and crowded basement parking,
2. acidic corrosion on the paint of car due to god knows what chemicals dropping from various parts of the ceiling,
3. flooded car park every time it rains, ankle deep flood okeyy, so gross yucks,
4. and I have no fixed spot and have to wait every day for the pakcik parking to tell me where to park (luckily he’s a nice old man, thank god!) and
5. have to endure weird dodgy looking construction workers lingering and working around the parking area!

See how miserable this stupid place is!!

I hate the general area cos;

The walk way from the parking place to the office is sooooo narrow and uneven so klutz like me always stumbled and have felled and scraped my new M&S pants L AND the path way have no cover so always to make a run for it when it rains, so imagine running on that stupid path, AND there are stupid flower plants along the path at shoulder level and the plant blocked more than half of the path, its like oh, nevermind the people who gets scratches and bleeding from the thorns, please don’t trim the bloody flowers!!

There are NO ventilation at all once you get into the office, the windows are shut down tight and they turn on the aircond FULL BLAST and the lightings are getting yellower, making me squint all the time and the walls are stupid horrible faded orange AND we can hear the constructions outside every-single-bloody day and the drilling sound is driving me INSANE!!
oh fyi, this company is no.2 in whole entire bloody world in its industry.
sigh...
I am UTTERLY miserable :(

7 comments:

Jumper said...

Have you consider this option.....get married to a guy who works nearby and who can then send you to work and pick you up when you're done for the day, for every single working day and so you live happily ever after. A bit fairy tale, I know, but still it can be a plausible option, right?

Yap! It's 3088.. said...

work should be the place you get most of the stress from, not the journey to it. doesn't shell do shuttle service to other car parks? like a park and ride to other cheaper and safer car parks?

niQue_naQ said...

Jumper - err, i have considered getting married to a really really rich guy so i never have to work ever again hehehehe :p thats even more a fairy tale! (*_*)

niQue_naQ said...

Alden - no unfortunately they dont have that at all :( and what's with the recent landslide next door, and constructions going on everywhere and the hilly geography of the place, there really isnt any safe and cheaper car parks huhu

Darius Yusuff Zariq said...

*phewww*

I feel miserable just reading about your predicament.

I feel ya. The parking place is shaitty where I'm at too.

niQue_naQ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
niQue_naQ said...

Hi Darius :) "shaitty" is my sentiments exactlyy! huhu

i have never met anyone who have anything good to say about their parking system yet, especially in KL, so i guess we are all in the same boat huhu