Friday, May 15, 2009

huh?

I am very particular about who I add in my Facebook list.

In the previous Friendster portal, I would add just about anyone (well, except for the psychopaths and nutcases) cos everyone was collecting friends like collecting paper clips, its not about the quality but the quantity that counts :p but in Facebook, I was determined to keep in clean and will only accept those that I would actually call a friend or those I actually have met and know. So if I have never heard of a person's name before and after investigation that person is actually a friend of a friend of a friend, looking to add to your collection, i would just ignore.

So recently, someone unknown wanted to add me as a friend.

The name does not ring a bell, and the picture is too small for me to make out if I have actually met this person or not. I checked through the mutual friend list. And asked around. She is actually the cousin of a friend’s husband’s friend. Complicated huh?

I decided to ignore this person, after all, I do not know this person at all and I don’t see the need to, I even asked my friend and she herself does not know her very well and cant understand why she wanted to add me. Without sounding totally arrogant or condescending about it, no flattery in this situation at all, cos apparently she actually requested to be friends with my other office mates as well, whom she has never met either, so its not like exclusive she wanted to be MY friend. Looks like this is one the those person who actually just want to have a collection.

Today she send me message, demanding to know why I did not accept her as a friend and pointed out on who do I think I am that I had the nerve not to accept her friendship.

Err, hello?? I am thoroughly amused and confused huhu

I have not replied to it yet..and am not planning to.

I don’t think I need to explain myself.

What do you think?

4 comments:

Yap! It's 3088.. said...

Sod it. What's the point after a sour start?

niQue_naQ said...

hahaha true2 :p

joanium said...

Sounds like a crazy person. I would almost be tempted to write back to tell her how silly and desperate she sounds.

Better not, though. She might decide to maintain contact.

niQue_naQ said...

hi joan, my sentiments exactly! :)