Monday, September 22, 2008

damn fools - part one

last week has got to be one of the toughest week i had to endure, in my entire work-wise life.

as all you may have already guessed, i got the offer from the oil company! so a big yeay! there hehe and im ecstatically ecstatic (^_^). being one of the largest oil company in the world, they matter-of-factly told me to hand in my two weeks notice, give them the total damage its going to cost, my bond + 2 months salary and watever nots, they will prepare the check and just like that, i will be installed in my new office in less time than you can say holy guacamole. all i got to do, is hand in that damn letter.

so i handed in the damn letter.

and all hell broke loose.

before i get into the hell-ishness of it all, let me share with you all my history with this current company of mine, for easier purpose sake, lets call this company SIC (pun intended). i joined SIC fresh out of uni, in October 2003, only two months after my graduation, so i am kinda blessed in that sense cause i didnt have to tanam anggur too long. when i joined, the company had a total of 10 staff, 10! and that includes the President, the Chairman, the VP of Operations, VP of Finance, VP of HR, President's son, President's friend's son, VP of Finance's friend, VP of Operations' friend and VP of Operations' friend's friend + yours truly = which makes into a grand total of 11.

even back then they are quite big on titles.

i was the only female engineer at that time, waitaminute, i was the only engineer at that time, until i recruited the creme of utp finest to join SIC. and the day all six of us were at our peak in the company was one of the best years of my life hehe.

so in short, i was one of pioneers and the President, used to (USED TO) call me his "Angel".

bullshit. watever. (uu..language nique, bulan2 ramadhan nie, ishk ishk)

so that's the history in short. being so few of us, i was there during the company's finest and worst moments, i sorta know what it takes to set up the company in first place having been the project engineer+hr+finance+procument+tukang buat air in my first year there. the hours were long and the pay was never on time, sometimes in cash, tak tolak epf and wat nots lagi for the first few months, but it was cool and i had fun and it was good.

so when i tendered in my resignation, i had expected some drama, some tears (mine maybe, being such a sentimental freak hehe) and maybe some walks down memory lanes, some farewell lunches and dinners and wat nots, goodbye speeches, i expected them to pat me on my back and said altho they are sad-to-let-me-go-we've-been-through-so-much-crap, they wished me the best of luck and predicted i will never be as happy in the new company as i am here. you know, the usual things...

digress, i love this - quoting from The Kimster's Blog - on Farewell Lunches;

What I hate the most is the speeches. I mean, what is the point of saying all the nice things about a person on the day that he's leaving the department/company when you never treat him like a human being during his time there? We somehow assume that people will easily forget all the years of being ignored, humiliated and treated like a handicapped turtle just because everyone gets together for a nasi campur lunch. We somehow think all will be forgiven just because we heap all sorts of praise on the person in one half-hearted speech.

hehe priceless!

anywayyyyyyyy...keeping you guys in suspense la ho :p

when the president of the company heard that i resigned, he apparently went berserk! (apparently he was in our Singapore office having apparently what apparents to be an A*F**R)

if i could list down what he said;

1. he would not let me go
2. i can sue him and the company if i want to but he will never let me go
3. i am an arrogant fool
4. i am selfish and he wants me to rot in my selfish-ness
5. i have moral obligations to stay in SIC FOREVER
6. he did not train me all this while for me to just leave just like that
7. he refuses to pay for my September salary (on which point i will sue)
8. he wants to send out a memo to all staff in SIC that there will be no more training provided by company and if you want to know why, i have to explain to every single staff AND let that be a lesson to everybody
9. he will bad mouth me everywhere so that i will never work in the oil & gas industry ever again
10. he refuses to sign my resignation letter at which point i cannot join the other company until i got this letter

and THAT ladies and gentlemen, is in a nutshell of the things he said.

AND THE ICING ON THE CAKE;

"I did not pay for her Master's degree for her to just leave us like this, its irrelevant that other company will pay or not, its not about the money, its about her selfishness!"

koranggggggggggggggggggg, he thought he paid for my masters degree! this is soooooo funny to the point im crying on sheer hilarity of it all! the story is like this, when i was in the midst of applying for the Chevening Scholarship, i informed the company of my intention of nak samung blajar and all, tup2 he suddenly have this bright idea and being the berlagak person that he is, said in front of everybody that i (I!!!!) have requested (REQUESTED !!blehh!?!!) a scholarship from the company and he has *patronizingly* agreed to sponsor me to UK. which is total bullshit cause I never ever wanted the company's scholarship and i fully well know they cant afford it anyway dia sajer nak tunjuk cam terrer ..anywayy unfortunately when i left to further my studies, almost the whole company (save for the finance and hr and my closest friends who knew the truth) thought i went on company's scholarship and at that time i malas nak layan lantak la org nak cakap ape.

Tapi sebab dah jadi macam ni, to make it clear once and for all, i went to UK for my Master's degree on the British Council Chevening Scholarship and NOT under SIC's expenses, okay, kapish? understood? yes, yes, i am that smart-lucky-watever, hard as it is to believe, i got the scholarship okay so suka hati la nak percaya ke tak nak okayyy.

right, where was i?

oh yeah, so who's the arrogant fool now?

i soooooooooooooo wanted to swear but it being ramadhan, i have to resort to this instead;

&^%&#@$%$%^^&&^%$!@#$%^&*()*&^%EDVDDHVUQ
WPEORLKMSNXBVHDG{}+P_)O(I*&$TDGDVET$^#%
FF!!@@@$$####%%$##&FF&#T##@@%S^^#!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so now you know the hell ive been through this past week.

there's more story behind this one..but after the ranting above im truly exhausted.

at moment the saddest part of it all, i dunno when or even if im gonna get paid for September, which means no RAYA for me (so sad dah la after two years raya away from family, pastu takleh bersuka ria and all sob..sob) AND to top it all up, the new company takes about two months to settle my salary which gives a grand total of (drum roll pleaseee) THREE (3) months of NO SALARY for me. so if i politely decline to any of your invites, buka puasas, open houses and wat nots, please dont make it harder than it is for me and just accept it. my savings are enough for my car loan, insurance, the damn road tax expiring next month, credit cards payments and other essentials. no more having fun for me until erm *checks calendar* December (damn, DECEMBER!!).

just writing about it me makes me sick and want to vomit and have cold chills all over :(

tadi mcm okay tapi now bila dah written out like this makes me utterly misreable :(

i will continue for part two when i have the will to live again.

sigh.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

what's wrong with your company tu babe? saiko! thank god yr leaving..how are you holding up? be strong kay, kesian nye you tak dapat gaji and all, sabar kay, takpe bersusah2 dahulu bersenang kemudian :)

niQue_naQ said...

hi anon, yes, diorang memang saikos and bullies..

its very very hard for me not to have any money, but just grin and bear with it i suppose :( but yr right, ni mmg bersusah2 dahulu nie, sangat2 susah huhuhu

Zaitul said...

aiyaakkk...stupid company....hang in there nik...sabar2...

there's a silver lining behind all this....biar la diorang nk wat ape...nnti they will get the balasan...

nickila said...

sabar yer nik...dugaan...cheer up..selamat beraya

niQue_naQ said...

zai babe, thanks for the support, im hangin' im hangin'!

all i can say is "KARMA" - wat goes around comes around huhu

niQue_naQ said...

thanks nickila :) im glad to have supports hehe

selamat hari raya to you too :)

Anonymous said...

alohhh...biase lah...company yg luper diri...yg best part semua org perasan yg u pegi UK under KIC punyer scholarship..hahahha..mmg gampang lah tu.. alaaa mencarut dalam bulan poser ok jer... jgn makan sudahhh...hehehhe..

olyn said...

yeah...life sucks sometimes...ull find a pot of gold at d end of d rainbow in december kay sweetie...hang in there...u nak i masak apa for u to cheer u up till then? :)