Wednesday, February 17, 2010

the best thing

the other day over supper of teh tarik and maggie goreng;

nn : dear, wanna ask you, you're in a long distance relationship right?

me : er, yes, why?

nn : and u guys have no problems right? i mean, the distance is not an issue?

me : *grins* distance always an issue, dekat sangat pun issue, jauh sangat pun issue

nn : well yeah *smiles back* but how do you work at it, i mean do you have any tips?

my poor friend, her partner of 2 years is suddenly going to be transferred to Texas, and she is unable to follow due to her work and her family here.

alamak...tips.. im so not good at giving advice.

after thinking hard and long about it, i told her, the secret to sustaining a long distance relationships is.....there is no secret.

really.

you just take it one day at a time.

there are many reasons why long distance relationships failed or succeed. its really up to the individuals. sure, some people will advice you to always call each other, or make sure you arrange for visits, or you have to trust the other person etc etc. these are the common things, she doesnt need me to repeat all this, and after all, even tho you do all of them religiously, who's to say it may or may not work out? even couples who sees each other everyday still breaks up too, so really, who's to say? relationships needs work, a lot of work, and you have your ups and downs, its up to you what you want to do in those times.

in my part, the love comes as a surprise. it was unexpected and it was accidental. and when it happened it was the most amazing thing in the world! maybe that's why it works. who knows? if there's only one thing that we discuss about the future is that we must have a common goal i.e. we both have the same idea where we want this relationship to go. that helps. A LOT.

im a possesive person by nature, and as much as i trust him, the jealousy will still be there, and i have to learn to curb that. i "merajuk" all the time too haha, poor him, he always said its difficult to "pujuk" from far. but in between, we laugh and talked and had a good time. even when we're far apart :)

another thing that im really glad of, is having good friends around me who supports me, and to me this is very important..dont hang around with those peeps who will whisper evil things in your ear, making you doubt yr feelings, making mountains out of molehills and etc. if he has the same good support as well, even better! :) i tend to avoid those folks who comes up with stupid remarks like "get one bf in KL la, what he doesnt know wont hurt him etc etc" like why? why? why are you so intent in making my relationship fail?

it also helps that he's so relaxed and cool about it, he's not emotional, unlike me, the designated drama queen :p and the balance kinda works, u know? i mean, imagine if we had particulary stormy arugment, and if we're both emotional, already we're a world apart..then we might ended up doing things that we're going regret and then, there's no turning back..the damage already done.

so to my dear darling friend, maybe you can ask somone who has been in a long distance relationship longer than i have. i have no words of wisdom, no tried-and-tested method, no tips and no advices. i barely make it a month before crying my hearts out because i miss him so much. makes me wanna buy the next flight ticket then and there :)

wrting about this suddenly makes me miss him so much, well, bila masa nya yang tak rindu kan hehehe..neways im listening to this song now..and its dedicated to YOU! (^_^)


Ne-Yo – Never Knew I Needed
For the way you changed my plans
For being the perfect distraction
For the way you took the idea that I have
Of everything that I wanted to have
And made me see there was something missing
For the ending of my first begin
And for the rare and unexpected friend
For the way you’re something that I never choose
But at the same time something I don’t wanna lose
And never wanna be without ever again

You’re the best thing I never knew I needed
So when you were here I had no idea
You’re the best thing I never knew I needed
So now it’s so clear I need you here always

My accidental happily (ever after)
The way you smile and how you comfort me (with your laughter)
I must admit you were not a part of my book
But now if you open it up and take a look
You’re the beginning and the end of every chapter

You’re the best thing I never knew I needed
So when you were here I had no idea
You’re the best thing I never knew I needed
So now it’s so clear I need you here always
Who’d knew that I’d be here
So unexpectedly
Undeniablely happy
Sat with you right here, right here next to me

You’re the best thing I never knew I needed
So when you were here I had no idea
You’re the best thing I never knew I needed
So now it’s so clear I need you here always
Now it’s so clear I need you here always

4 comments:

farah said...

haha i think i was one of the person who suggested to you to find a spare part here :p ok2 my bad, was just kidding, plus its yr fault for not introducing him to me masa dia balik hari tu! i sedih okehh :p

love that song too!

Anonymous said...

i dont like it when they shortened it to 'ldr' like wtf? omg, perlu ke? hahaha

afizly said...

designated drama queen!!! pergghhh...that is my GF... she is mmg drama queen...i can get into jail if she start fabricate thing to police...hahahha...still remember when u belakon last time tried to put me in jail just using ur 'berlakon talent'..hahhaha...it so funny...hahhaha

org2 kampung...nique nie mmg drama queen....hahhaha

miss yaa!!! GTGTSS+NTMSBF*

*(got to go to studio plus need to make some breakfast first)

HAHAHA...

niQue_naQ said...

farah - oh u did? hehe tak ingat la..sorry la hari tu tak mmg tak sempat nak introduce, nantilah when he comes back the next time okeh :)

anon - i know! i find it annoying too!! like people has just gotten plain lazy!!

afizly - shhhhh, jangan la citer kat orang, nanti ade org terbaca pastu berminat amik i berlakon pastu i jadi famous, pastu i kena gi US semua for all the awards shows then hugh jackman minat kat i then nanti u jeles then kan kan kan (ovverrr hahahaha) :p