Friday, February 05, 2010

guna kan lah bahasa kebangsaan kitaa

tadi berbual2 with him for almost an hour. di office! hehehe. tsk..tsk.. ok lah, it was almost 5pm, dan ramai pun dah balik. jumaat dan hujan lebat di luar. mesti jam. nak balik awal sure stuck so baik duduk diam2 kat ofis, buat kerja, or gi gym. eh, i dont call him on the ofis phone ok, dunt be crazy, menempah maut nama nya tu. he calls lah, kan ada voip, life is easy with internet :p

one of the things i like about him is he takes me seriously when i ask stupid malay language questions. i dont speak or write malay very well. betul. tak tau kenapa. i blame my parents :p my dad speaks to us mainly in English, sebab dia nak anak2 dia pandai English. my mom speaks to us in kelantanese malay or kelantanese english. so i can speak English "please pass me the spoon" or kelantanese English "pleash pah me the spoong" or "i waited and waited and it didnt come" or "wated wated tok kem" :p hehe tak lah, my mom doesnt speak English like this. main2 saja haha. anyway, i grow up knowing "pleting" and "tembok" and "gege" and "kubeh" but until recently i found out what "manikam" and "lurah" and "teruja" and "gempur" means.

just now i was asking him about the usage of the word "bertubi-tubi" and "gapai".

me : sayang kutuk i bertubi-tubi!

him : "laughing" wah dah tau guna bertubi2

me : betul tak i guna? it means over and over again rite?

him : betul lah tu *other conversation omitted*

me : my post yesterday, i nak guna gapai, ada kan such word, macamana nak guna?

him : gapai, meaning reaching. like lagu bunkface.."untuk menggapai bintang" - reaching for the star and "tergapai-gapai"..seeking, reaching out. macam orang lemas mintak tolong *siap buat suara org lemas*

me : ooo ok2. *sambil angguk2 faham* (mcm nampak padahal tgh ckp dalam telefon hahaha)

hehe, this is a normal conversation between me and him.

orang yang tak kenal saya mesti ingat saya ni mengada. melayu tapi tak tau bahasa sendiri. perasan nak jadi mat saleh. bukan bukan. i am proud of my language. sangat. sebab tu i still learn and try to use it. kalau tak, dah lama buat tak tahu saja.

ok lah. nak gi gym.

nak tgk citer toothfairy lah esok. siapa saya nak ajak nie..hmmm.

7 comments:

Farah said...

hahaha funny la u! ok now i need to know, what is;
1. pleting
2. gege
3. kubeh

"tembok" i know, it means wall rite?

ps :yr bf so sweet!

niQue_naQ said...

hahaha babe, "tembok" mean jalan raya laa hehe..bukan wall :p

yang lagi tiga tu, i wanna wait and see, ada tak orang yang boleh teka hehe :p

ps : thank u! me thinks too hehe :p

Yap! It's 3088.. said...

Nik,

Remember you taught me "gege mu ni!". Thank you.

Your English is good Nik! Bagus so mo!;)

niQue_naQ said...

haha Alden, did i? and u still remember? hehe gud2 will teach u more, banyok lagih nih :p my English passable la now need to work on my Malay, real one, not the Kelantan version hehe :P

afizly said...

bagus so mo..hahhahhaha...that kelakar... mcm nie...

"beh sokmo"

tapi kalo english kan maybe can be

"bagus so more"

which proper english word

"very good indeed"

p/s hate english.. always make me confius DOT com

Annie L said...

eh, i actually know that 2 malay words!! next time ask me la, no need ask "sayang" :-D hahahhah

niQue_naQ said...

hon; at least its not as confusing as malay okeh! hehe

annie; haha nanti u laugh at me :p ok2 next time i ask u okey..forgot yr bm is quite good :)