Tuesday, April 13, 2010

im broke but im happy (^_^)

ok dah lah. enough moping around. i just have to deal with my work stress as and when it comes along. who likes their jobs anyway right?

had a long heart to heart session with the babes, and i am finally brave enough to say, im not that ambitious. really. i am perfectly happy earning a reasonably good salary from which i can afford my own house, my own car and my life, i can afford the occasional travel, and if i want something a little bit more extra, i know all i have to do save a bit and i know i will be to get it, and that is enough for me.

if there's one thing this past week taught me about myself, i know im smart enough and i can do the job and i know i can the handle the responsibility and not only that i did it so well its looks to be a permanent part of my work, they are so bloody impressed. but is it worth it? is it worth the stress, the anger and the tears? bloody hell no, so there, as long as i know im refusing this role not because i cant do it, its because i chose not to. i think its the most grown up decision ive ever made :)

so i may never be super rich, i may never be a CEO of my own company or be well known in the industry as an icon or a mentor or a famous person. i may not be able to afford a dozens LV and goes to the spa every other weekend and owns fancy cars (god knows when i can afford that lovely Murano), i certainly will never be able to travel in a luxurious jet or first class and stay in 5 stars hotels and only go around in limos and private tours and probably, most importantly i may never be able to pass down my richness and my empire to my children's grandchildrens (chewaahh, i watch too many malay soap opera :p) so that they can have anything their heart's desire.

BUT...

i know i have lovely friends and family, who will always be there for me, my love who will always take care of me, a car that gets me places with a good air conditioning and a workable stereo so that i can sing on my way to work every morning, i have my own property of which i will have a gorgeous time fixing it up with my love, slowly but surely making it my dream home, and i am perfectly happy with my current mix of funky bags and stuff from everywhere i have travelled that i would never trade an LV for and most importantly for as long as i lived, i know i can travel anywhere i want, and that the more i work and saved for it, the more i would treasure the experience more, the more independent and confident i will become, i have made many new friends and have had so many wonderful cultural exchanges, simply by travelling like the locals do and staying where the locals are and those are things you can get money can never buy, and that is something i can pass on and that would have been greater than any richness kan?

so goodnight everyone, be good, be blessed and hope you have the sweetest dreams :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well said dear :)

afizly said...

eehhhh....selit jugak murano tu....ecececece

niQue_naQ said...

anon : thank u (^_^)
afizly : Murano *hint*hint* :D