Monday, May 03, 2010

what's somebody like you, doin' in a place like this? :p

i took the train to work today.

a BIG achievement for me :)

im sure most of you have read about my long struggles and pains and battles about the parking issue at my office (to refresh yr memory, click here).

last february, i moved into the parking lot in the building adjacent to ours, but instead of paying the full deposit-under-the-table amount, i just paid the one month deposit and the monthly, which has been increased to RM275 a month. this is thanks to my colleaque, who, because he always buys a bottle of wine for the head of mafia parking, is absolutely chummy with.

yes, i called them mafia, because that's what they are. remember when i said that you have to double park and give them yr keys because they are greedy mafias who sold more parking spaces than there are parking spaces? well, its not just that. you have to tell them IN ADVANCE if you decide to go out at any time other than after 6pm. if you dont, they will refuse, yes, REFUSE to remove the gazillions cars or ONE car that is blocking yours. too bad about if you have a life and death emergency or not, if you dont tell mafias in the morning when u entered that yr going out later, yr stuck. and they dont even tell you politely on this, they will spit and call you names to your face, in their language of course. my friends has had issues with scratched cars, missing key chains, missing stuff in the car, to name a few, and SMELLY cars, who knows what they are doing in the car, yucks (luckily i was there for just two months!)

all these angst and you pay RM275 A MONTH. for this kind of lovely service from the mafias!

several of my friends who gave up parking and dealing with the mafias at the basement, where all this are happening, decided to fork out an extra RM100 a month - BRIBERY MONEY, just to park in upper levels where the parking is EMPTY. yes, for you to get that upper status, please pay a whooping RM375 a month for the space. that close to 20 bucks per day for 20 working days!

you may wonder why people never made a complaint or any of the sort. frankly, i dont know, everyone i knew who parked at the basement have the same problems, but somehow they are just too afraid/lazy or they are just too grateful to have the parking in the first place! but i am lodging a complain soon, am in the middle of compiling the evidence. yep.

anywayyyyy, i could only stand two months of those stupid brainless mafias, and have decided for this month onward, to take the train. so i parked my car at the lrt, took the train to sentral then take the bus to office.

it was - easier and more relaxing than i expected! really!

i was pleasantly surprised :)

i got seats both on the train and on the bus. i got a parking space quite near the stairs to train platform and the stairs are good for my morning exercise :p i put on my mp3 and read my book on the train. i stop by one of the shop at sentral and bought myself a BBQ chicken pau for my breakfast (yummehhh) and all in all, as a first days goes, it went pretty well :).

yes, yes im aware that i am now bounded by the train/bus schedule but for that kind of constraints, you know much it costs me permonth? RM120 per month! AND i reduce my fuel and my tol, usually my fuel to work back and forth plus tol is about RM250 a month, lets say i cut half of that, im actually SAVINGS! the money i put aside for fuel and the parking space every month will now go into my new york and uk trip funds :p yeay! more shopping for me hihi :p

so to my dearies out there, last minute dinner/meet up plans can only be held at either (a) a location where i can take LRT to or (b) in pj area so that i can go home and get my car first or (c) u come and pick me up and send me home okie :p

cant wait for when "you" come home in July, and i get to have my driver again for three months! (^_^) i will pay you with love, hugs and kisses, ok tak? hehehe :p ish, tak leh, haram2.....hhmm, haa, ok2, belanja makan tomyam+ikan siakap steam+kailan ikan masin+ayam goreng kunyit+ sambal belacan okehh! (^_^)

ok2 last2 bit to my long post (hehe), i need to get the following;
1. a light and powerful torchlight - in case i got home too late at night, and i have to walk far to my car - it can get quite dark if i park too far from the station.
2. a light foldable umbrella to dump in my bag.
3. pepper spray or tasser - for emergencies
4. need to modify one of my big bags to slings, easier nak handle if i need to bring my laptop home
5. new walking shoes - ni tak la perlu sangat but with all those money im savings, surely i can spare a few buckaroos for a new pair shoes hehe :p

*Annie, if yr reading this, jom McDonalds breakfast one of these mornings hehe :p

5 comments:

afizly said...

perghhh....bagus lah entry hari nie...mcm baca novel...gehehe (padahal malas baca buku..asyik tgk gambar jer..)

another step to improve the world..green lifestyle..reducing the carbon emission... especially the mafia 'carbon' as well....

all SHELL worker should take a train n bus to work... that my opinion...

'Driver'!!! sampainyaaa hati mu...berkata bergitu....gehehehe...(ala2 berlakon....)

kalo jd driver u makan ikan siakap steam hari2 pon boeh jerrr.... nape lah UK takder ikan siakap...huhuhuhu....

Yap! It's 3088.. said...

yes, you did the right thing by standing up against arm-twisting tactics from the mafias, whoever they are. it's always nice to read how good triumph over evil and rejoice in the fruit of victory!;)

niQue_naQ said...

afizly - okey per driver, dah i jadi secretary u hehehe :p first week ok lah, took last bus in and last bus out, dats 10 hrs per day! shud get pekerja contoh award huhu :p

niQue_naQ said...

alden - exactly! i will keep u update on the report, i will even do a write up in the papers, this are the times im glad one of my best friend is a journalist for the main Malaysia paper hehe :p

Annie L said...

Tak sempatlah, dear. The friggin' bus schedult came as early as 8.20. I always wanted to do some bfast at KLSentral but time doesn't permit. That's why I always complain to you that "I can't wait for the office to shift to KLS!!"